Thursday, January 14, 2010

Internal Sata Enclosure External HDDs - Can I Extract SATA HDD And Use As Internal HDD For My PC?

External HDDs - Can i extract SATA HDD and use as internal HDD for my PC? - internal sata enclosure

I think a purchase of these external hard drives that connect via USB to my WinXP box to connect to. I just want to know whether it common practice that the company only focus on the SATA hard drive into an enclosure for this type of ext hard drive.

I ask because I found a 500 GB external hard drive. If you have a SATA drive inside, they thought to remove the device and inserting it into my PC as an internal SATA hard drive.

It's all external drives than internal SATA hard drives into a cabinet meeting, so it is possible that an order to remove it and use the unit as a field in the "PC?

Tx

4 comments:

kogcuegw... said...

I recommend buying the CD when it is your intention

YaLoRepa... said...

The only situation that explains this idea is a good price.

There are more than one option for what is in an external hard drive enclosure:

A portable hard drive
An IDE hard drive
A SATA

I recommend it is for a brochure of the disk, then go to the Internet and make a thorough search for exact specifications. If you are sure that SATA a "normal" is good in the price, and that the computer has a SATA interface, then and only then you can use this as a solution to try.

Sure, you'll lose the guarantee.

I'm pretty sure it's a better idea to go for a bare wire SATA + your equipment supplier.

B L said...

Well, you'll spend twice as much for an external HD, and if you only go to internalize that their money to lose. Buy an HD procedure. Cheap and easy installation. And not all the external factors glide, may, without drivers.

DASS said...

Internal HDD SATA-500 ----- $ 78

Post a Comment